Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I'm doing our taxes now with an extension and my husband has

Customer Question

I'm doing our taxes now with an extension and my husband has lost his form SSA-1099. What can we do?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: It's a lost form we need to finish our taxes. Social security sends them to us every year.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: It's a replacement question
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

...

You can go here -> https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript to get a transcript from IRS ...

...

If you get the "Wage and Income Transcript," it will list ALL of the 1099s (including the 1099-SSA sent by social security)

...

See this from IRS:

...

• Wage and Income Transcript - shows data from information returns we receive such as Forms W-2, 1099, 1098 and Form 5498, IRA Contribution Information. Current tax year information may not be complete until July.

...

It won't be a mirror image of the 1099-SSA, but everything you need to get the return done is there.