annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

I retired in March of this year. I receive my social

Customer Question

I retired in March of this year. I receive my social security the 3rd Wed. of every month. Today I received a deposit into my account. It said it was A Federal Benefit Credit. I do not know what this is.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. I just don't want to be responsible for money I am not suppose to have.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 1 month ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

HI

Depending on the bank, SSA deposits may be called 'Federal Benefit Credit". However this is just a change in terminology. It is still SSA benefits. Please see below:

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2012/05/why_is_social_security_direct.html

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY thought positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Hi

I see that you read my answer, but did not yet rate it. Did you have additional questions I can help you with? Please remember that it is only through positive ratings that we are compensated for out time and knowledge.