dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My Husband Monroe received a letter from Social Security

Customer Question

My Husband Monroe Smith received a letter from Social Security Administration PO BOX 67002 Wilkes Barre PA###-##-####today. My husband is 95 years old. The letter is informing of a recent issue that created a problem with some of SS records. They believe the SSN record may have been affected. They want us to call(###) ###-#### I tried to look the address up and the phone # up and was unable to to get any information. So before we make a call tomorrow, we will take the letter to the Merrillville office.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Just want to know if this is really a letter from Social Security> My husband is 95 years old, I cannot understand how there could be a problem about his social security number. Again, before I call, I will go to SS office in Merrillville first to show them the letter.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your concern is legitimate. Senior citizens are often a target for all kinds of scams. The does not seems to belong to any social security location listed online and the number does not seems to be connected to SSA in any way. I would call social security at 1-***-***-**** (that's the SSA main contact number). If there's an issue with your husband's records, they will now.