Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need a copy of my deceased Mother's 1099 for 2015 to

Customer Question

I need a copy of my deceased Mother's 1099 for 2015 to complete her taxes. How can I get this online.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am completing my mothers 2015 income tax I can't find her 1099 and I need it to give to my CPA in the morning. How can I get this online?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: My Mother died in March, 2015 and I am trying to complete income tax before extension ends. Her name is***** social security #437182412
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Hi, you can either ask the payor of the 1099 for a copy (They must keep ofr 4 years) OR you can go to the IRS online transcript site and get what's called a "Wage and Income Transcript."

...

It won't give the accountant a 1099 itself, BUT will provide all of the same information (enough to complete the return).

...

You can do that here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

...

Just click on the blue button that says "Get Transcript ONLINE"

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

By the way, the accountant should be able to do this as well, if you provide the other information about your mother.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before rating me.

...

And if you DON'T have other questions Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …would be appreciated!

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work.

...

Thank you,

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, a Masters Degree, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need her Social Security 1099 - is there a way I can get that onlne?
Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Yes, if you go here... https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

...

you'll be asked some information abut your mother for verification purposes.

...

very similar to the information at the Get transcript site.

...

and the 1099-SSA will ALSO be in the wage and income transcript (all 1099's and w-2's will be there)