LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am in the process of refinancing my residence and the

Customer Question

Good afternoon Pearl. I am in the process of refinancing my residence and the lending institution requires proof of the amount of Social Security that I receive. I know I received a letter from the Social Security Administration with the information but I cannot locate it. how do I go about getting a copy?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: nothing remarkable.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I'll explain how you can get a copy in about 15 minutes from your own computer or within about 10 days if you want to go to a local social security office or try your luck at a phone call to the SSA.

If you have misplaced your Benefit Award letter---also known as a proof of income letter---or you haven’t received yours yet, you may get one in several different ways:

You may get a replacement document using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your current Benefit Letter, earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:

http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents".

Alternatively, if your need is not urgent, you may get one by going to your local Social Security office and they will get it for you, or you may call social security at 1-***-***-**** and they can mail you one if you can wait about 10 days.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating. It is greatly appreciated,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug