Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

Will my next SS deposit go to my new Chase Bank acct? The

Customer Question

Will my next SS deposit go to my new Chase Bank acct? The new acct # is###-##-####
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I changed banks earlier this month but have not yet closed my acct with Wells Fargo. Chase Bank made the request change on my behalf but as I pay most of my bills with the SS $$. it would be helpful to know ahead of time so I CAN PLAN.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: The amount I get is $1544.00
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

OK, so it sounds like you asked Chase to make the change with the SSA rather than you going and making it online at the SSA site. This means that you will have to ask Chase when they forwarded the request to the SSA. There is no "deadline" that anyone is held accountable to at the SSA, but when it is done online, they typical time frame is 10 days to 3 weeks. What I would do if I were you is check online BOTH accounts on the date you are to be paid - and once you see it go in to ONE of the accounts, schedule your bill pay that date. It should still go in on your expected pay date, so this should not cause any bills to be paid late. Subsequently, once you see your new account being used by SSA, you can close the old one.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!