Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I need the amount I was paid by Social Security in 2015. I

Customer Question

I need the amount I was paid by Social Security in 2015.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have moved twice in 2015 and 2016, having an extension on filing my taxes. Somehow, in all the packing, I misplaced the notice of what I was paid in 2015.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Thank you!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. The easiest way to get the amount of Social Security that you were paid in 2015 is to request an income transcript from the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You can request an income transcript online from the IRS. Above is the IRS webpage that allows you to request this information. By registering on their site, you would be able to obtain this information online.