Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My friends sons dad is in prison but was on disabailty

Customer Question

my friends sons dad is in prison but was on disabailty before he went to prison can his son now file for auxilary benifits?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: chases dad is disable but he is incarcerated for ten years can chase the son apply for benifits
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no unfortunately he was not married but is there help for the child?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 20 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

How old is the son?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
he and his mom are destitute the son i believe is 10 or 11 just started 6th grade before his dad went away chase the son was not drawing any money off dad though he was probably entitled but without dads help they are sinking fast im just trying to help a friend
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
im in no position to pay 52 dollars im sorry it said free trial and at most 16 dollars my s/o and i are disabled i will just keep trying i have to go to ssi office this week ill just get her to go with me thanx but please cancel my free trial as its getting to expensive for me im sorry
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 19 days ago.

Hello: If you received another offer. It did not come from me and you do not have to pay it.

I will go ahead and answer your question anyway even if you do not have any money to pay.

The son can still receive benefits based on his father's earnings even if his father is now in prison. His mother can go to the local office of Social Security Administration to apply for him.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
he gave me hope thank u

You are quite Welcome!

Best wishes,