dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am 73yrs my wife is 59yrs old. If I die soon can she

Customer Question

I am 73yrs my wife is 59yrs old . If I die soon can she receive any of my SS
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: If not at what age will she be able to receive any of my benefits ?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: She has not worked in a long time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Nobody can get your benefits but you. She can collect her own benefits based on your records. As soon as she is 62 she will be eligible for reduced spousal benefits. To get full spousal benefits (50% of your benefits) she will need to wait until her full retirement age.

After your death she will be eligible for widows/surviving benefits that could be as much as 100% of your benefits. It all depends when she applies for social security benefits. The sooner she applies the lower her benefits will be.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?