How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2677
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a home worker employee for 5 months, paid her every 2

Customer Question

I had a home worker employee for 5 months, paid her every 2 weeks, deducted FICA and sent in her share and my share as employer.. But Im unsure on how I am to issue her an end of year W-2 form.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: My Fed EIN # is 47-1111344, her social sec # is###-##-####
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using Please give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

See link to IRS website:

For a 2016 W-2:

2016 instructions from IRS:

Here is a how-to tutorial for how to issue a W-2:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate:

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so:

Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?