dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

What changes can my wife and I, both age 85, for 2017? We,

Customer Question

What changes can my wife and I, both age 85, for 2017?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: We, both, have been receiving benefits since 1997 and have Medicare Parts A & B. We have secondary insurance with my former employer, for which I pay a $200 monthly deducted from my pension check. The retiree program provides an excellent prescription drug program. I have been informed that my retiree insurance program will cease as of 2023 and I should be reviewing other options as they are available.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Nothing significant other than for the fact that both of us are in reasonable health.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 20 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I'm not sure what you are asking about when you ask what changes you and your wife can make? You appear to have your Medicare plan all set for the next 5 years or so. Can you elaborate, or possibly give me an example of what you are referring to?