LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I want to know if there has been a change in the amount of

Customer Question

I want to know if there has been a change in the amount of our monthy ss checks and also the date we will be receiving our checks?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I received an amount in my bank on the 4th of this month. I normaly receive my money on the 3rd wednesday of each month, and I am short more than 400.00 in this deposit.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't know oher than I am on a fixed income and this will hurt me very much.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Social Security has not decrease benefit payments, nor have the changed the date on which you will be paid.

If you were born between the 11th and 20th day of the month of your birth, then your benefit payment continues to be the 3rd Wednesday of the month.

If you received a payment from Social Security on the 4th of the month (no one is ever scheduled to be paid any social security benefit in the 4th of any month) it was either the payment of money owed to you from social because of a recent review of your account, or it was a compete mistake. Only social security can tell you which of those is the fact.

Social security never pays benefits early and so regardless of the money that you were given 2 days ago, you will get your full social security benefit payment as is normal on the third Wednesday of this month.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug