Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

What are the steps involved to change the bank that my

Customer Question

What are the steps involved to change the bank that my monthly s.s. check is deposited to?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Who and how do I contact the proper individual to assist me in this matter?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Thomas G. Paoge
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Hi Thomas. ... I can help you here ... My name's Lane

...

You have three different ways that this can be done:

...

f you already receive benefits and you have a bank account, you can change or sign up for your direct deposit by:

• Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);
  • Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association; or
  • Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

I find that the easiest path is simply to go to the new bank. They will have the forms and can send it in directly to Social Security... but that's MY preference.

...

you can see this from Social Security here: https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3825/How-can-I-change-or-sign-up-for-direct-deposit-for-my-Social-Security-or-Supplemental-Security-Income-SSI-payments

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

And if you DON'T have other questions Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …would be appreciated!

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work.

...

Thank you,

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986