dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My daughter died on Sept. 14, 2016. She had worked and her

Customer Question

my daughter died on Sept. 14, 2016. She had worked and her age when deceased was 60 years old and she was on disability. She was not married and had no children. My question is this: Does her mother or father received any social security amounts from our deceased daughter since the mother and father are the only heirs.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: OUr Daughter died on 9/14/21 and she had no children, no husband, and only the mother and father were her legal heirs. Question, does the parent receive any amount from their deceased daughter when the parents are the only legal herirs.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

First I am sorry about your loss. Unfortunately, unless you were your daughter's dependents (she claimed at least one of you on her tax return) and she supported you ( she claimed head of household with you as her dependents), you will not receive any surviving benefits. Only her children or her spouse would be eligible.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?