Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need to delete my direct deposit and have my check sent to

Customer Question

I need to delete my direct deposit and have my check sent to a new address. I am moving and will be closing my bank account.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My name is Helen ******** *********. my new address is
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: ***************
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Ms Fielding.

...

You have reached JustAnswer.com a site that matches verified expert users with users such as yourself that have questions about tax law, social security law, etc.

...

You must call social security at 1-***-***-**** to do this.

...

OR you have two other options:

...

(1) Go to your new bank and have them send in the forms that all banks and credit unions have to get this changed, or

(2) go online and set up an account at MySocialSecurity: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

...

Also please note that you can continue to use your existing bank after you have moved (while getting this done) ... Social Security does not require that your bank and you be in the same location.

...

Please let me know how else I can help

...

Lane

..

..

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986…