Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

I need to change my checking account my SS check to

Customer Question

I need to change my checking account my SS check to direct deposit by next month.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am still at the same address and routing number just the account number needs to be changed.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I was hacked but caught it right away my bank helped me through all the details accept to contact you.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 16 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

You can go now go to

From there you create a passworded account for yourself with the SSA. You then login (remember your login details) and click on the link regarding changing your banking information. Be sure to NOT close your existing account until you start to see your deposits going into the new account.

There are other helpful documents, including annual SS earnings statement, 1099, benefits verification, etc. You can also change your address, etc., should the need arise.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!