dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I started receiving ss payments in 2015. I received payments

Customer Question

I started receiving ss payments in 2015. I received payments until march 2016. I got a job and quickly notified ss administration and told them that I was going back to work. I was under the impression that as soon as I notified them and suspended my payments that I would be be fine I received notice that I had been overpaid to the tune of estimated income is 65k
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 24 days ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you applied for your social security benefits before your full retirement age, your benefits can be reduced or eliminated by your earned income. The income and the benefits are considered on annual basil. It means if your estimated annual income is 65K, your benefits had been eliminated because of your income. You have to repay any benefits your received in 2016.

Before your full retirement age your benefits are reduced by $1 for every $2 you earn over $15720.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 24 days ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?