keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses

My husband and I both receive checks monthly mine is a

Customer Question

My husband and I both receive checks monthly mine is a regular SsS check his a Disability we first had direct deposit set up ,however we decided to have our own accounts.We went to our bank and did the paperwork.Today I received a letter from SS stating they received all the information from our bank it states our payments for October we will crime November that he 9th .Does this mean we will not receive any payments in October? We normally get our check the 2nd Tuesday of each month.Please help
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 22 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

No. You will get all your benefits.

I think the confusion can be explained with the fact that you are talking about two different things.

The check or payments you receive in October are for September as Social Security benefits are paid one month in arrears. So, all the SSA is saying is that the change you requested will take affect with the October benefit payment that is received in November.

Your September benefit payment, which is payable in October, will come as usual.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for using

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive my share of the payment you have already made to the site.