dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I tried to figure out how much my ss benefit will be if I

Customer Question

Hi there. I tried to figure out how much my ss benefit will be if I wait until I'm 70 to collect it. I did the estimate online but I don't have each year's totals so can't tell if the amts. shown are accurate. My social security # is
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I am concerned some of my 1099 income doesn't wasn't counted, but it's been on my IRS taxes each year, so I'm hoping it's in there. It will make a difference b/c it's several thousand dollars more each year.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can access your Social security online account and check that everything had been correctly reported. This is a public forum so I do not have access to your social security account.

Regarding the 1099s, it is not the amount shown on your 1099Misc that will that are reported as earnings to social security. It is the net profit from your business (income minus expenses) and the self-employment tax (your net profit multiplied by 15.3%) that is reported. If you claimed any expenses or your business generated losses, nothing had been reported for that year.