dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Roderique. For the first time since I began receiving Social

Customer Question

My name is***** the first time since I began receiving Social Security checks, my amount went down from $1612.90 to $1601.70. Everyone else I know received a small increase. I realize this is a small amount less, but it adds up over time. Do you need my Social Security number?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I think the above covers it. I just want to know why my check decreased this year.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

There was no cost of living adjustment (COLA) for 2016, which means your benefits did not increase as they usually do every year. Nobody got an increase in 2016. In addition, there was Medicare Part B increase/adjustment for higher income beneficiaries and that would be probably the reason why your benefits are lower than last year.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?