Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

How can I find out when I'm going to get my medicare part, I

Customer Question

how can I find out when I'm going to get my medicare part B, I applied for it online July 20, 2016,
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I applied for social security check and medicare part B , my ss# *****###-##-####
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: My name is*****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Did you ask for a particular start date?

Also, are you applying because you are or will soon be 65?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm 65 now, BD 03-08-1951, I just retired and I thought my start date would be 10-01-2016 for my Medicare and Social security check. My check I will get 2nd week of Oct
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you find out for me?

Did you apply online?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Did you check the status online yet? You should have gotten am email with a link to check your status.

You can continually check that status, although it is very "bland", as in it will say vaguaries like "processing application" or similar, and it can say that for 2 months. But then it will say something like, "decision made", but even then you have to potentially wait for the letter and the card. Typically, it will be less than 3 months, so you still have some time because you need to get worried. They seem to be backed up and understaffed, causing such delay. It tends to go quicker for those that collect on their 65th birthday, but they still ask them to file 3 months in advance.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!