dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Have a question concerning my niece who is German and lives

Customer Question

have a question concerning my niece who is German and lives in Germany, her mother lost her SS Card when my niece was young. Her father was in the military and received his death benefits until she became of age, how would she go about getting a replacement card
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: just how does she go about getting a new card
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

She, or her guardian/parent (if not 18) can find the application and required documents here: https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/

She will need to contact the US embassy in Frankfurt for for the mailing instructions: https://de.usembassy.gov/

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She tried embassy they told her they could not help

That's strange. There's a link on the embassy website for help with social security related issues. Well, in that case she needs to mail it to social security office in US. If the mother, father or any relative lives in US, she can use their US address as mailing address and mail it to their local office. Or she can use her foreign address as mailing address and mail it to any social security office in US. But first I would try other US embassies, maybe in Austria or Switzerland, depending which part of Germany she lives.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?