LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

MY DECEASED WIFE WAS NOT PAYED HER 255 DOLLARS DEATH

Customer Question

MY DECEASED WIFE WAS NOT PAYED HER 255 DOLLARS DEATH BENIFIT, PASSED AWAY APRIL 7 2016
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon Thomas,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades, and I handle social security issues.

If you have not received the lump sum death benefit of $255 for your wife yet, then you just need to apply to social security for that benefit.

You can apply for the benefit by contacting social security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) or by visiting your local Social Security office.

Here is a link to the social security site which explains your entitlement to this lump sum benefit: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-8.html

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug