LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

Social security direct deposit very late and impossible to

Customer Question

Social security direct deposit very late and impossible to get ahold of anyone by phone
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What more do u need to know. My monthly check was not direct deposited and is not pending and about 3 days late. Phone number to see has no one available to talk. What do I do?
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning Betsey,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is your date and month of birth?

2. Three days ago was Sunday---social security payments are not made on Sundays. What day last week was your deposit supposed to be made?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was born on the 18th of May so my payment should have arrived around the 23rd
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why is this taking so long?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I apologize for the delay. I was on the phone with another customer.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the clarification Betsey.

If you were born on the 18th of May, that means that your payment should have been deposited on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. That date was last Wednesday and so yes, it is very late.

There are limited actions that you can take if you miss a payment---and you already know that calling social security requires great patience and it can take hours before they answer your call.

Your only other options, if you are not willing to call because of the time involved, it to visit your local social security office in person and report the missed payment, or write to social security and notify them in writing of the missed payment.

None of these options is convenient---I am aware of that and I empathize with your frustration---but those are the only options available to anyone in your situation.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,