Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

We have a question regarding our payment to medicare. SS

Customer Question

We have a question regarding our payment to medicare. SS based our monthly payment on 2014 earnings. We earned an inheritance that year because we sold the family property. Therefore it made our SS monthly bump to over $200 as i understand it instead of the $171. Every other year our income has been consistent. Can we appeal this?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read that you have been paying more premium than you are supposed to. Yes, you can file for reconsideration. If your reconsideration is denied, you can file an appeal to the Administrative Law Judge. You can go to the local office of Social Security Administration to complete the reconsideration form.

Goodluck with the appeal.