Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I am currently a 60 year old ( Birthday is April 1956 ), was

Customer Question

I am currently a 60 year old ( Birthday is ***** 1956 ), was divorced in state of Delaware in May 2006 after 19 yrs and 11 months of marriage. My ex provided 90% of the marital income of 100-150k per year during our marriage. My income during the marriage was ,and still is minimal (@ 14k per year )
The court ordered #2 QDRO(s) filed :
1-One QDRO is for the 401k savings plan (401 Savings Plan is administered by exs employer). The Court Order says I am entitled to all profits / losses until the 401k QDRO IS Officially filed and Approved by the Plan Administrator , and
2-For the Pension ( also administered by exs employer )
My ex was forced to retire due to health issues at the age of 56 ,and 35 plus years of service. The court determined that my exs average income was 150k per year for the last three years of our marriage. The Pension QDRO was filed , approved by Plan Administrator, and I have been receiving pension payments of @ 1,300.00 per month per the Plan Administrators calculations for approx 2 years.
My questions / concerns are :
1---how do I handle the SS issue so my SS payments are maximized from my exs contributions during our marriage and my own SS contributions?What amount of money should I expect my monthly SS payments ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You would be eligible for spousal benefits that would be equal to 50% of your ex’s benefits if you wait until YOUR FULL RETIREMENT AGE to get your own or any other social security benefits.

The following link contains the Social Security spousal benefits calculator:

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/quickcalc/spouse.html

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb