Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

Could you please give me the regulation on social security

Customer Question

could you please give me the regulation on social security disability overpayments? I just need the reference and I can look it up. Thankse eeeeee
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My son was overpaid ss disability payments. He was in jail at the time. I was the representative payee. I now find out that I must pay back the overpayment since I have sufficient assets. Could you give me a code or statutory reference covering this? thanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 29 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using

SSA regulations on over-payment: and

Here is the table of contents. Look at subpart F:

Here is a link to the SSA site for over-payment for forms:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate:

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 26 days ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 24 days ago.

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so:

Thank you in advance.