ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager

My daughter receives ssi but her case worker stated she she

Customer Question

My daughter receives ssi but her case worker stated she she be receiving SSID. She has a daughter that lives with her father in which he needs extra help. Is there any kind of relief he can get for their daughter since her mother is disabled? Can't seem to get information from the Social Security office, you would think your taking money out of their personal account.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 1 month ago.

Hi. To pinpoint the answer, is daycare needed for your daughter? I was not sure what her age was. Also - there is Medicaid, as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My daughter is at this point in a group home for chronic mental illness. Her daughter will be 12 October 8, she doesn't need daycare but her dad sure could use help. These days it takes two parents to provide. My granddaughter is in junior high and her expenses are getting more and more. Her father needs some additional financial help. We try as hard as we can to help but I know he feels bad about it and trying to do the best that he can on his own. We will in Illinois and getting anyone that's willing to help is like pulling teeth.My daughters social worker was the person that stated she should be getting SSDI which would help in taking care of her.

First, I would definitely see about Medicaid at

I would look into this, as well: for additional assistance.

There is, also, temporary assistance in Illinois at

I feel so bad for you and hope the above helps in any way possible Best Wishes to you.

Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 28 days ago.

Let me know if you have any questions and if you are satisfied with the answer. If you are satisfied with the answer, a positive 5-star rating is very much appreciated. No additional charge; it just gives me credit for the answer. Thank you.