dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I'm 63 and will turn 64 on June 10, 2017. I have become

Customer Question

I'm 63 and will turn 64 on June 10, 2017. I have become unable to do the current job I am in currently and have been for the last 6 years. I did the same kind of work for 23 years at the same place prior to that. I get about $2700.00 a month in retirement from the 23 year job; no retirement from the last one. Can I apply for disability and if so can I still work in a different job where my disability is not a factor?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help.

You can get disability (also in your age socials security would probably push for regular retirement benefits) if your medical condition is preventing you from earning income, any type of income. If you have a job where disability is not a factor and you can earn more than $15,720 in that job, SSA will not approve disability benefits.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?