dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I have a sister who is 96. Her husband died in 1985. She is

Customer Question

I have a sister who is 96. Her husband died in 1985. She is drawing $606.04 in Social Security. Is that all she can draw?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: We moved her here from Florida to help take care of her. I may have to put her in an Assisted Living but do not have enough funds. She has no children. What can I do? She has deminto.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: All the places I call say they are self pay. I put in for her to get VA check but I don;t know when that will start. She should have been getting it already but that won't be enough.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your sister's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is your sister receiving a benefit based on her own work record or the work record of her deceased husband?

2. Do you know how much social security benefit your sister's husband was collecting monthly at the time of his passing?