dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

What records do I need in Arkansas to draw my exhusbands

Customer Question

What records do I need in Arkansas to draw my exhusbands Social Security,We were Married more than 10 yrs and divorced in 1984,*****@******.***
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Haven't been able to obtain my lost Marriage License and need to know if that is required in the State of Arkansas
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: not that I know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You will need to proof of citizenship and age (passport or birth certificate) as well as proof of marriage and divorce. Marriage certificate would be an obvious choice but if you have something else that state your date of marriage (any legal or court document) that would work as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If Marriage record were lost at the court house (county court records) when switiching from micro fish to computer what can I do
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

You can still try and ask what else they would accept. Do you have any other government/state/church issued document that state dates of your marriage? Maybe social security still have some documents when you requested name change for instance. You had to have a marriage certificate to change your name on your social security card.