Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Can I apply for my daughter's death benefits. She died in

Customer Question

Can I apply for my daughter's death benefits. She died in July and I have paid for her funeral expenses. She was a widow.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Sorry to hear of your loss. Quick Question - did you rely on your child for support - you may be eligible to draw a benefit from her Social Security Account.

Additionally - there is a funeral expense reimbursement of $255 from Social Security.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did not on my child for support as a matter of fact I supported her for the last 10 years of her life. Several years ago she apply for disability through Binder and Binder but there was no resolution.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did not rely on my child for support in fact I supported her for the last 10 years of her life. Several years ago she applied for ss disability through Binder and Binder but there was no resolution.

I will opt out - maybe one of the Legal experts will have more options for you.

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Hi Gail, My name's Lane.

...

I'm so sorry, but there are only survivors benefits for those that were a dependent of someone else, and, therefore, would suddenly be without their support if they passed.

...

I'm so sorry to be "the messenger," but I think it's important that you know the bot***** *****ne (AND understand the "why.")

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

..

Lane

...