dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Do we need to make an appointment to go in and discuss an

Customer Question

do we need to make an appointment to go in and discuss an issue?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: we are going to request a change in benefit payment date due to haedship and we need to know hours of operation
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: yes we are just requesting to be paid on the 3rd of the month not the 3rd Wednesday of each month. we are waiting an extra week every few months and unlike a job where your paid every month we are not we called ssa and were told to go into an office and apply for hardship as they could not help on phone
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You cannot choose when you receive your benefits. It is same for everybody and the SSA will not change the schedule.

To claim a hardship you will need to proof that this payment schedule prevent you from getting food on table or speed up your eviction of prevent you to get adequate shelter. It is one time fix, not a long term solution.

If you are going to visit the office I would suggest to make an appointment to avoid long waiting.