Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

My husband and I own an LLC company and the profits this

Customer Question

My husband and I own an LLC company and the profits this year or $60,000 so my share would be $30,000 I am on SSDI and I did not work at this business at all. We own a rental business. It is two member LLC. I am still fully disabled as far as my medical records show. Is my share of the profit considered earned income for SSDI
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

Sherry, rental income is normally considered passive income so it would not be considered earned income. Also, with an LCC, as long as you are not actively participating in the operating of the LLC your share of the income would be passive. So your share would not be considered earned income.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.