TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction

My daughter just started getting a check about 5 months ago

Customer Question

My daughter just started getting a check about 5 months ago now I received a letter stating they want to review her case already why would they do that did someone call them and say something maybe because I'm having a feud with my sister and my father's girlfriend I don't know but I like to know what what it's about and I wanted to open an account and my Social Security account I'm the mother she's only 16 and they said I can't do that so how do I get in touch with them today why would they review it so early what do you think it could be
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 month ago.

As far as the MY ACCOUNT, you cannot do that for someone else (not even your child or spouse). That does not let you ask SSA questions but gives a person access to their information and statements. It would not allow you to question them about the review in any case.

Depending on why she is receiving this SS benefit the review is most likely a normal part of the process.

If improvement is expected, the first review generally will be six to 18 months after the date the person became disabled or started receiving benefits. That is normal.