TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

WOULD LIKE TO NO IF I STILL HAVE TO PAY SOCIAL SECURITY TAX

Customer Question

HI WOULD LIKE TO NO IF I STILL HAVE TO PAY SOCIAL SECURITY TAX I STILL WORK AND JUST TURN 70YRS. WAS TOLD TO CHECK THANK YOU HENRY BUDDLE
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 months ago.

As long as you continue to work, even if you are receiving benefits, you will continue to pay Social Security taxes on your earnings.

SSA will check your record every year to see whether the additional earnings you had will increase your monthly benefit. If there is an increase, they will send you a letter telling you of your new benefit amount.

SS tax and medicare still is withheld on your earnings no matter your age or even if you receive SSA benefits.

If you rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) I am credited with responding. It adds nothing to your costs but it assists me.