dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

Believe that there is an error in my social security. My

Customer Question

believe that there is an error in my social security. My husband passed away in March of this year. According to the 2015 tax form that we filed My ss was 14, 554.80 My husband Roberts was 19,438.80 I was under the impression that I would receive mine plus 1/2 of his. I am receiving 1,515.00 every month. Is this correct. Renee ****** *********** *********. I would appreciate someone looking into this matter. Roberts ss ************. Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you want somebody to look up your social security records you will need to contact social security directly.

You are entitled to widow/survivor benefits. The amount of the benefits could be as much as 100% of your late husband's benefits, depending when you actually applied for your own. If you applied for your benefits before your full retirement age (between 62 and 66) you will not get 100%. The benefits are NOT in addition to your own. You will receive the highest benefits available to you.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?