keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
30050794

I get my ss check deposited automatically to my bank

Customer Question

I get my ss check deposited automatically to my bank account. How di I get the check deposited to another bank?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Since you are already receiving Social Security benefits here's the procedure to follow:

If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a my Social Security account and start or change Direct Deposit online. You also can sign up at your bank, credit union, or savings and loan. Or call Social Security at 1-***-***-****.

In my experience, I would go to my new bank & do that first, OR if you have the new bank's clearing numbers (found on one of your checks - the number at the bottom of the check that is not your account number), you can try the telephone number I indicated above, OR if that number is ***** or the wait time is too long, you can set up your own Social Security number online at SSA.gov (look for "My Social Security Account").

If you have any further questions or run into any difficulties, let me know what happened & I'll try and assist you further. If you are finished, please remember to rate my response, as that is the only way I will receive my share of any payment you may have already made to the site.

Thanks very much for using JustAnswer.com

Just checking in....................

Have you had a chance to view my response this morning?

Do you have any follow-up questions, or can I be of any further assistance on this question?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit (payment) for responding to your question. Without a rating, I am not compensated.

There is no charge for providing me with a rating.

Thanks very much,

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 5 months ago.

Anne:

Just checking in.....................

I'd like to close out this question before the end of the month, if possible.

I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to let me know if I can assist you further and/or if you would provide a rating for my responses as indicated above.

Thanks again,