annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

Im going in the hospital Thursday an the hospital cant

Customer Question

my name is FRED ********* ********* Im going in the hospital Thursday an the hospital cant verify my social security no. as they say they changed the letter T on me and I don't know what it is thank you and you cant get them to take your call
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 3 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Unfortunately, you need to go to your local SSA office in person, bring your Driver's License, (or other picture ID , such as a State ID), and your birth certificate (just in case). Please see below:

https://faq.ssa.gov/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?QuestionID=3755

This will assure that your hospital will have the correct information, because you can ask SSA for something showing the spelling of your name, and your SS# *****

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Expert:  annelew12554 replied 2 months ago.

I see you read my answer but didn't rate it. Please remember that we are only compensated by positive ratings.Do you have additional questions I can help you with? Please remember that we are only compensated for our time & knowledge by positive ratings.