LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

I am already receiving social security disability since

Customer Question

I am already receiving social security disability since 2000. I am now 66 and have a granddaughter who is handicapped and receive no help from her father who is my son. This child is scheduled to have a second leg amputation and will need a scooter to get around and continue school. Can she be eligible for any of my benefits?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon Frank,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You granddaughter will only be eligible for social security benefits based on your work record if you actually adopt her. I'm sorry.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,