dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I want file complaint against my husband because he left me

Customer Question

I want file complaint against my husband because he left me after got green card. I filed divorce and didn't show up at court and judge granted divorce after whole processing. he got green card for 10 years. how should we stop his benefits and prevent to apply new green card or citizenship status. please help me with your precious advice. He didn't care about his 3 years old daughter.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If he already has the permanent green card (for 10 years, not the conditional 2 year) he doesn't need to be married to apply for citizenship. Unless he does something illegal, the only way to stop him from applying for citizenship or renewing his green card in 10 years would be to report marriage fraud. You will be investigated for possible accessory to fraud as well. Unfortunately you filing for divorce will not help your case.

As long as he is in the country he can be order to pay child support. But if he is deported, nobody can make him.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He did marriage fraud and how can I get child support from him.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

If you have a proof that he committed fraud you can report him to the immigration office. To get a child support you will need a court order. He will be served a notice. His wages, bank account and federal and state refunds can be garnished to pay of the child support.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know where he located. He is under ground. Can you provide contact of immigration office so I can contact with them.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

There's a office almost in every major state. Click on the state you live in on the bottom of the page.