Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
72280797

My learning disability prevents me from getting, are more

Customer Question

My learning disability prevents me from getting, are more so, holding a job.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear about it. Would you please kindly tell me what your question is?

Regards,

Fiona

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does my slow learning that has hampered me in previous jobs, leading to what I feel was termination. Allow me to collect disability for this job related problem I can't over come ?

Dear Customer,

I would say yes. Nevertheless, both social security disability and supplemental security income for the disabled and low income are not easy to qualify and obtain. You may need to retain an attorney to help you to apply. Once you qualified and start to collect, when you are on the disability income, they have a program to help you obtain job training and may be able to find job positions more suitable for your disability.

For now, if you just get terminated from your job, you may qualify for unemployment insurance benefit income. Therefore, you want to contact your local unemployment insurance benefit office to start the application process as soon as possible.

Please feel free to follow up.

Regards,

Fiona