LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

I cannot locate my Medicare Card. I have recorded all the

Customer Question

I cannot locate my Medicare Card. I have recorded all the necessary numbers, etc.
Can I get this taken care of locally?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I wanted to let you know that I am reviewing your question right now. Please give me a few minutes to either ask clarifying questions of you, or to prepare an answer and get it posted to you. Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Hi Lorraine,

If your Medicare card was lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can apply for a replacement card online.

You may get a replacement card using your online “my Social Security”account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, get a replacement Medicare card and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab. Then select “Mail my replacement Medicare Card.”

Your new replacement card will arrive in the mail in about 30 days at the address on file with Social Security.

Alternatively, you can go to your local social security office and apply for a replacement card. And finally, you can always call Medicare to report a lost card and order a replacement at 1-***-***-****.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,