Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

We are on 6 month extensions for filing 1099s for year 2015

Customer Question

We are on 6 month extensions for filing 1099s for year 2015 for myself and
for my wife. How do we obtain/file the 1099s for each of us?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane ... I can help you here.

...

If you can give me a little more information I can give you a very specific answer.

...

Are you saying that filed for extensions on your tax return because you haven't received 1099's from someone that paid you?

...

Or are you saying that you filed for an extension to SEND a 1099 to someyou paid?

...

If it's the former, you file a 1099 complaint with IRS to put them on notice that you STILL haven't received the 1099's and then just report the income yourself (either on line 21 of the return or on a schedule C if you are a business).

...

If you are saying that you need blank 1099's to send to people you paid, you can order those forms here:

...

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/online-ordering-for-information-returns-and-employer-returns

...

But again if it's that you simply need to file your returns IS instructs NOT to wait for a 1099 past filing time (there IS no second extension) and report the income (if you're not sre of the amoount, estimate as best you can)

...

They will say tha taxapyers are always responsible for reporting, regardlees ofwhether employers and contractors sens a W-2, 1099, etc., or not.

Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

Here's the guidance from IRS on this: https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc154.html

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before rating me.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I know it takes an extra step, but JustAnswer won’t credit us for the work until you rate.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I have a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice on three continents, since 1986