Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I lost my yearly letter that tells me what I get and my

Customer Question

I lost my yearly letter that tells me what I get and my medical benifits and would like a replacement. I need a copy of it to send for xeralto help for low oncome.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.

Hi Roy. My name's Lane. I can help you here.

...

You have several optioins for getting a benefit verification letter:

...

See this, directly from Social Security, here: https://faq.ssa.gov/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?QuestionID=3705

...

How can I get a benefit verification letter?

...

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security (SSI) Income or Medicare, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

...

You can also request proof that you have never received Social Security benefits or Supplemental Security Income or proof that you have applied for benefits.

...

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.
....

You cannot request a benefit verification letter online for another person, such as a spouse or child.

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I know it takes an extra step, but JustAnswer won’t credit us for the work until you rate.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I have a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice on three continents, since 1986