Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am disabled can my spouce age 63 collect auxiliary

Customer Question

I am disabled can my spouce age 63 collect auxiliary benefits based on my work record.
mack
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

Yes, your spouse can collect benefits based on your record. He/she needs to apply for benefits by going to the local office of Social Security Administration with proof marriage and identity. Click here for more information on the documents required to apply.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.