ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager

I received a notice from you y=that states my insurance

Customer Question

JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i received a notice from you y=that states my insurance withholding will be over $240 a month beginning in September. Why is this? I have not had large income before retiring in 2014.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: do you need my Social Security number to look at my previous tax returns?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 2 months ago.

Hi. No number is ***** Just to confirm - are you receiving social security right now? If so, there is a deduction that is taken out for Medicare.

You are usually automatically enrolled in Parts A and B of Medicare. If Social Security payroll taxes have been deducted from your pay for at least 10 years, Part A hospital insurance is free. Part B coverage does have a monthly premium but, depending on your insurance coverage, you can decline this coverage, by sending back the Medicare card you should have received in the mail, along with the form you received stating that you do not want Part B. You should then receive a new Medicare card that does not have Part B on it.

If you have no additional questions, I would love to have a positive rating. If not, please let me know what I can do to assist you further. Thank you. Have a wonderful weekend.