ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager
89981332

I would like to know if I am eligible to receive a Social

Customer Question

I would like to know if I am eligible to receive a Social Security benefit? I received a letter form Social Security dated 4 Dec 2015 that the estimated taxes I paid was $,327 and my employer paid the same amount. I have worked for the VA hospital since 1979 and will retire this August 31st. Thanks for you're information
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I cannot think of anything else now.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 3 months ago.

Hi. If you were an employee since 1979, you are eligible for Social Security benefits. Any employee of a company is eligible for Social Security. The employer pays a portion of the FICA/Social Security tax, and a portion of it is withheld from your paycheck every time you are paid. Best Regards.

If you have no additional questions, I would love to have a positive rating. If not, please let me know what I can do to assist you further. Thank you. Have a wonderful weekend.