Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My husband died July 5, 2016. I am told I am entitled to a

Customer Question

My husband died July 5, 2016. I am told I am entitled to a $250.00 soc. security payout.. How do I apply for this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. My deepest sympathies for your loss.

I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You can apply for the lump sum death benefit of $255.00 by calling the Social Security 800#: 1-***-***-**** or by going to the local office of Social Security Administration. Click here for more information on what you need to apply for the benefit.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.