dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My girlfriend, age 74, is drawing social security from her x

Customer Question

My girlfriend, age 74, is drawing social security from her x husband. She was married to him for 37years and divorced at age 58. She has been single for 16 years. We have been told by some people that she will lose that if we get married. We both went to the local social security office to get the proper information, and was told that she would NOT lose it. We want to find out if this is true.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't think so right this minute.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been an attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle social security issues. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is your girlfriend's ex dead?

Doug